“As long as the target doesn’t conduct heat away too fast it will melt or vaporize just about anything eventually. ‘I have vaporized before carbon, which occurs above 6,500 Fahrenheit.”
Ironically the R5800 was destroyed in a fire which started in the garden shed. Jacqmain said of the accident that his ray “committed suicide” and that it was most probably the cause of its own demise. However he plans to create a new solar ray, this time with 32,000 mirrors. It is very probable that this could destroy the kid’s home, not just his garden shed.
Via Daily Mail