- Inhabitat – Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building - http://inhabitat.com -
BACK TO SCHOOL: TOP 5 Eco Book Bags
Posted By Emily Pilloton On August 27, 2007 @ 8:00 am In Accessories and Fashion,Design | 8 Comments
As the summer comes to an end, it’s time for some of us to start gearing up for the school year, ideally in sustainable style. If you’re looking for the greenest way to carry all your textbooks, laptop, and other gadgets to and from class, here are our top five recommendations for eco-chic book bags…
1. VOLTAIC SOLAR BAGS 
The go-to bags for the high-tech eco-friendly student, Voltaic bags can power your cell phone , PDA’s, and other gadgets while holding your textbooks. Bring out your inner eco geek and load up your Voltaic bag with all the gadgets and books it can hold!
$199 – $250 from Voltaic 
2. JUICE SOLAR TOTES 
Another solar-powered sack, this tote doubles as a beach bag for those days you just can’t resist playing hookie. Similar to Voltaic, the totes power small gadgets- plus they’re made from biodegradable canvas!
$199 from Reware 
3. BAUMM RECYCLED ADVERTISEMENT BAGS 
Buenos Aires-based Baumm uses recycled advertising banners from around the city and transforms them into hip and one-of-a-kind graphic bags. They’re sturdy, colorful, and big enough to carry all your back-to-school supplies!
$30 and up from Baumm 
4. FEUERWEAR FIRE HOSE BAGS 
Feuerwear takes fire hoses to a new and very functional personal level, transforming the strong textile into usable bags that are not only strong as heck, but hip and durable. Also check out their line of wallets and other accessories.
€ 79 from Feuerwear 
5. RED FLAG RECYCLED SAIL BAGS 
Nautical style is all the rage in the fashion world, making these Red Flag recycled sail bags the perfect compliment to your navy and white back-to-school outfit. Available exclusively at Branch Home.
$198 from Branch 
Article printed from Inhabitat – Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building: http://inhabitat.com
URL to article: http://inhabitat.com/back-to-school-top-5-green-backpacks-book-bags/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/08/27/back-to-school-top-5-green-backpacks-book-bags/
 1. VOLTAIC SOLAR BAGS: http://www.inhabitat.com/2006/12/14/green-gadget-gift-guide/
 cell phone: http://www.trycards.com/prepaid-wireless/
 $199 – $250 from Voltaic: http://www.voltaicsystems.com/index.shtml
 2. JUICE SOLAR TOTES: http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/08/26/reware-solar-backpacks/
 $199 from Reware: http://www.rewarestore.com/product/beachtote.html
 3. BAUMM RECYCLED ADVERTISEMENT BAGS: http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/05/06/baummm-recycled-advertisement-bags/
 $30 and up from Baumm: http://www.baumm.com/
 4. FEUERWEAR FIRE HOSE BAGS: http://www.inhabitat.com/2006/07/23/feuerwear-bags-and-belts/
 € 79 from Feuerwear: http://www.feuerwear.de/
 5. RED FLAG RECYCLED SAIL BAGS: http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/08/26/eco-sailor-bags-red-flag-recycled-sail-tote/
 $198 from Branch: http://www.branchhome.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=300
Copyright © 2011 Inhabitat Local - New York. All rights reserved.