RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:X
CAMPstreet Lofts is an Artsy Adaptive Reuse of a 1920s Factory in San Antonio
CAMPstreet Lofts was originally built in 1926 and served as the Duerler Candy Factory until 1937 when it was taken over by Tobin Surveys. In 2001, Linda Pace, an art patron in San Antonio, bought the building with the plans of turning it into an urban residence and converting empty parking lots into a park. She hired Poteet Architects to lead the renovation, refurbish the building, improve circulation, and create the 20 customizable lofts.
Their work included creating the landscaped, art-filled gardens and courtyards, adding 100 steel windows to the refurbished facade and installing new balconies and porches. The 88,000 sq ft residential building includes an exercise room, community rooms, art gallery, basement parking and a new cafe. The parking lot across the street was converted into CHRISpark in honor of the developer’s deceased son and adds more green space to the dense urban area.
Images ©Chris Cooper/Poteet Architects
Browse by Keyword