Visit my Tumblr for a few of my favorite — not-necessarily-green — things in life.
Submit Your Architecture Designs to HMMD’s Red Square Tolerance Pavilion Competition for a Shot at $5,000 in Cash Prizes!
Homemade Dessert just launched their latest architecture competition, this time aimed at promoting social, political, and religious tolerance in the heart of Moscow. Titled the “Red Square Tolerance Pavilion” competition, the brief calls for designs of a temporary pavilion to be erected in the historic Red Square, a major Russian landmark and symbol of the country’s repressive political power. The competition is open to both students and professionals of all disciplines. Although the pavilion will be temporary, designs will be judged on their “ability to leave enduring social and political footprints.” Registration for the competition ends November 6, 2014.
Venice’s canals are its most famous attribute, but the romantic waterways have also given rise to problems in urban mobility. To brainstorm ideas on how to solve Venice’s “peculiar” traffic problem, M-Arch launched “New Ways to Live Venice,” a design competition that seeks innovative and streamlined ideas on how to improve movement through the city. Open to students and professionals from a variety of design backgrounds, the competition begins with the design of a residential development on the Poveglia and Ottagono islands. Participants will then have to develop transit methods to connect those residences to Venice’s surrounding islands. The total prize money awarded amounts to €1,500 and registration ends November 7, 2014.
Help New Orleans Reuse Vacant Land in the Future Ground Design Competition and You Could Win $15,000!
Vacant lots are a big and costly problem for many cities. Not only do these urban eyesores attract illegal dumping, but they also drive nearby property values down. The Van Alen Institute, however, believes that with the right creative minds, vacant lots can
Temporary installations offer one of the best mediums to explore innovative and cutting edge design. That’s why NYC’s Governors Island annually hosts the City of Dreams Pavilion Design Competition, an event that challenges designers to construct a prototype
Call For Ideas: Transform the World’s Biggest Nuclear Submarine into a Peaceful Architectural Project
matterbetter has launched an open-ideas competition to transform the world’s biggest nuclear submarine into a peaceful and sustainable architectural object. A relic and icon of the Cold War, the 575 foot long Russian Typhoon-Class submarine was built at the
Enter Your Reclaimed Art and Furniture Installations to the Design by Nature Sustainable Design Competition!
Here at Inhabitat, we love art and furniture made from reclaimed or recycled materials, which is why we’re excited to share the Design by Nature’s sustainable design competition for sculptural installations, public art, and functional furniture. Although pieces
Do you have a studio project that was exceptional or an un-built work worthy of being awarded? If so, you’ll want to check out the 2014 Pinup Competition! Organized by The Morpholio Project, the Pinup Competition invites students and young professionals to
Enter Your Sustainable Solutions to the 2014 International Tropical Architecture Design Competition!
The Singapore Building and Construction Authority (BCA), together with the Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA) and Singapore Green Building Council (SGBC) have recently launched the 4th annual International Tropical Architecture Design Competition for
The Taipei City Government has just launched the “Taipei International Design Award” competition–and there’s over $100,000 in prize money up for grabs! Open to designers from around the world with the ability to create artworks with commercial potential, the competition will serve as a creative design exchange platform that …
Did you know that plastics account for 80% of all ocean pollution? This is one of the most pressing challenges facing the ocean. Plastics pose a huge threat to the ocean ecosystem because they do not biodegrade. Instead, they continue to break into smaller and smaller pieces, which litter the ocean and its beaches.
For this …
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before