Visit my Tumblr for a few of my favorite — not-necessarily-green — things in life.
Did you know that plastics account for 80% of all ocean pollution? This is one of the most pressing challenges facing the ocean. Plastics pose a huge threat to the ocean ecosystem because they do not biodegrade. Instead, they continue to break into smaller and smaller pieces, which litter the ocean and its beaches.
For this …
The goal of this competition is to design a sustainable house for Guatemala’s future. The design should have sensitivity to the climatic conditions, local history and culture. The cost per house is to be capped at $5000. The applicant need not prove the cost, but the project must be deemed feasible by the review panel.
The following questions should be addressed by the entry:
- Are there …
Producers of Mysteryland (ID&T) and MATTE FINISH creative agency are excited to announce Mysteryland music festival’s Sustainable Design Challenge. Mysteryland USA will be take place at Bethel Woods, NY, the site of the original Woodstock Festival. Just like its historical counterpart, it features a unique, outdoor atmosphere, and embraces sustainable design as a part of its core mission.
We are calling upon …
Greenpeace is calling designers, tinkerers, inventors, students of all fields — anyone who is interested and feels they can contribute something useful — from all over the world, to join forces to design a renewable energy powered and portable water pump that can provide a viable alternative to diesel-driven ones.
Inhabitat is excited to share that eVolo Magazine’s 2014 Skyscraper Competition is now open for registration! Established in 2006, the annual Skyscraper Competition is one of the world’s most prestigious awards for high-rise architecture. It recognizes
Following on the success of the Generation Kingspan 2012 Architectural Design Competition, Kingspan is holding a 2013 design competition for architecture students with a focus on how façade systems utilizing insulated metal panels (IMP) can be integrated into the design of an urban mixed-use building. Unlike most competitions, the Gen …
Siemens wants you to show how an innovative product can help us conquer the challenges of urban life! With half of humanity living in cities, urban life is becoming more and more challenging—the growth of urban infrastructure is approaching its limits and
Frameri will be launching the first interchangeable frame and lens system for prescription glasses. For the first time ever, you’ll be able to buy your expensive Rx lenses only once and have many high quality frames to go with them. We are launching a glasses design contest to challenge the creative community to join us in reshaping the way people …
Dallas’ downtown and Trinity River are experiencing rebirth and rejuvenation, lifting the city’s quality of life and sense of place. However, as it stands, there isn’t an inviting way to get from the downtown area to the planned Trinity River Corridor
Call for Submissions: Enter Digital Images of Your Best Designs to the Morpholio Project’s Inside 2013 Competition
Hosted by the Morpholio Project, Inside 2013 invites students and young professionals to submit a collection of their “inside” work comprised of up to three digital images. The proliferation of device culture, social networking, and cloud technology are changing the way we create, and connect on a daily basis. For design, this means that technology is not only transforming the process of production, but also the processes through which we share, critique, and organize ourselves around the work we do. Inside 2013 is asking those in all design disciplines, including architects, interior designers, furniture designers, digital fabricators, graphic designers, lighting designers, product designers or any other creative field that creates for the inside, to submit designs that harness the power of technology to proliferate ideas. Entry is free and submissions are due June 30, 2013.
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before