Design a NYC High Line-Inspired Park for London and You Could Win £2500!September 14th, 2012
The Landscape Institute, Garden Museum and Mayor of London have just launched ‘A High Line for London: Green Infrastructure ideas competition for a new London landscape’. Inspired by New York’s High Line, and to be judged by a panel of experts including the founders of the High Line, entrants are being challenged to put forward innovative concepts that create imaginative new green space in the capital. The organizers are not seeking a replica of the High Line, but for proposals which similarly engage communities with green infrastructure. Green infrastructure is the network of open and green spaces, including features like green roofs, designed and managed to provide benefits such as flood management, urban cooling, green transport links and ecological connectivity – an approach which can have a huge and exciting impact on the way in which we live in the capital. Registration opens July 24, 2012 and submissions are due September 14,2012.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:September 14th, 2012
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:September 14th, 2012
The winner will receive £2500 and the runner-up £500 as prize money.
The judging panel includes High Line founders Joshua David and Robert Hammond, the landscape architects Kim Wilkie and Johanna Gibbons, Matthew Pencharz, Environment Advisor to the Mayor of London and Dr Penelope Curtis, Director of Tate Britain. A shortlist, which will go on display at the Garden Museum during its High Line Symposium (5-8 October) and until mid-November, will be announced on the 24 September 2012. The deadline for submissions is Friday 14 September 2012.
- What does your ideal floating city look like? Submit your ideas to the Seasteading Institute architecture competition for a shot at $2K!
- Enter your unbuilt architecture projects to the ArchDaily + IIDEXCanada Virtual Spaces Competition
- Submit your unrealized designs to the red dot award: design concept competition
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before