Design a Resilient Housing Typology for the 3C Comprehensive Coastal Communities CompetitionJuly 25th, 2013
Organized by students from ORLI (Operation Resilient Long Island) and the New York Institute of Technology, the 3C Comprehensive Coastal Communities Competition aims to address issues facing towns that are vulnerable to, and have been affected by coastal storms. While post-Sandy rebuilding has begun, little has been done to develop new strategies that will mitigate the impact of future storms — particularly those related to re-zoning and adaptable housing typologies. The 3C Comprehensive Coastal Communities Competition wants to create a platform that will bring forth ideas for a specific northeastern coastal community. Participants are invited to design a resilient housing typology that will be integrated into the community master plan. Submit works by July 25th, 2013 for consideration.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:July 25th, 2013
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:July 25th, 2013
Various awards have been set aside for the finalists of the competition. Awards will be given for: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place:
+ Best Proposal for Specific Region (Long Island, New York City, Connecticut and New Jersey)
+ Public Choice Vote Winner (via online public choice campaign)
+ Best Proposal from a High School student/team
With many distinguished jury members and creative awards, this global competition offers prestige and exposure like few others. All finalists will be included in a publication to be released in late October/early September.
Please Note: It is possible for a single team/entrant to win one of the top four awards as well as the People's Choice Award.
A complete list of jurors can be found here.
- Reinterpret ceramic floor tiles in the RESTILE competition for a chance at $12,000 in cash prizes!
- Enter your design prototypes to the ICFF Studio competition—Win a spot at ICFF and major media exposure
- Reimagine an old bullring in Barcelona in the Archallenge student competition for a shot at 4,000€ prizes
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before