DJ Memorial Photography ContestJune 12th, 2012
As a tribute to the visionary leader. Dr. D. Jayavarthanavelu, the past Chairman & Managing Director of LMW and an accomplished photographer as well, LMW announces the DJ Memorial Photography Contest. Send your best shots and get a chance to win and take home the coveted DJMPC Award for the ‘Best Photographer’ and other exciting prizes.
• Entries are invited under two categories: Nature & Open
• Selected winners will be awarded with DJMPC Award and cash prize for each category
• Decision of the jury will be final and binding
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:June 12th, 2012
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:June 12th, 2012
DJMPC Award for the Best Photographer and other exciting prizes.
1. All pictures should have been taken in India. There will be no other restriction.
2. There are two sections under which entries can be submitted. A maximum of four entries may be submitted in each section. Only prints can be submitted. The two sections are Nature and Open.
3. All prints must have the following details on the back of the print: Name & Nationality of entrant, Title, Section & Serial Number, Technical details, Format of original: Digital / Film, Equipment & Exposure info, Details of post-production. 4. The details of the participant and print information must be typed and a printout taken on a paper and fixed to the back of the print, only on the top left side.
5. The top of the print must be clearly marked with an arrow on the back and the word TOP must be written next to it to prevent confusion during display.
6. Nature photography: Nature photography depicts living, untamed animals and uncultivated plants in a natural habitat. Photographs of animals which are domesticated, caged or under any form of restraint, as well as photographs of cultivated plants are ineligible. The original image must have been taken by the photographer, whatever photographic medium is used. Any manipulation or modification to the original image is limited to minor retouching of blemishes and must not alter the content of the original scene.
7. Prints should be submitted only in size of 15 to 18 inches on the longer side.
8. There must be no text or information of any kind printed or pasted on the front of the print. If any information is printed or pasted the print will be rejected.
9. Copies of images submitted must be sent on a CD or DVD as TIFF images at 350 dpi for reproduction. The image size must be 12 x 8 inches (30cm x 20 cm).
10. The CD / DVD must also contain a passport-size picture of the participant.
11. If the CD or DVD is not enclosed the entries will be not be accepted.
12. The name, email ID and contact number must be clearly written on the CD/DVD.
13. The only mode of communication will be e-mail. Therefore, please mention your current email ID in your entry.
14. All entries should have a title. Entries without a title will not be accepted. "UNTITLED" is not a valid title.
15. Prints received in damaged condition will be rejected. Please ensure proper packaging. Sufficient postage affixed self addressed envelope to be sent with
16. entries, to return back the prints or else the prints will not be returned.
17. Irrespective of the number of submissions, an entrant will be eligible to receive only one prize per section.
18. Every reasonable care will be taken to prevent damage to prints. The organisers cannot be held responsible if the entries are damaged for reasons beyond their control.
19. Organisers may repack the pictures using different materials when returning the pictures.
20. If there is dispute of any kind, the decision of the jury will be final and binding on all concerned. All disputes will be subject to Coimbatore jurisdiction.
21. Even though the copyright will rest with the photographer, DJMPC may use the picture for non-commercial promotional purposes or reproduction in the catalogue / calendar. By Participating in this event, it is construed that all participants hereby give their concurrence to the use of their photographs by DJMPC for non-commercial promotional activities of LMW.
22. In addition to the First, Second and Third prizes, Certificates of "Honourable Mention" will be awarded to selected photographs at the discretion of jury.
23. The Organizers shall not be held responsible for non-performance and any obligation cast on them by these rules due to the occurrence of any Force Majeure Event including any act of God, civil commotion, natural calamity and any other happening, which the Organizers cannot reasonably prevent or control.
24. If any of the images reach the final round the original raw file / negative / slide will have to be sent for verification. Failing which the images will not be considered.
25. Due acknowledgment of the photographer's name will be mentioned for the images that are used by the LMW.
K. Maruthachalam, ARPS, APSA, AFAP, Coimbatore
T.N.A Perumal, MFAP, FRPS, Bangalore
Rohinton J. Mehta, Hon. PSI, Hon. FIP
Technical Editor, Smart Photography, Mumbai
Entries Open Up to: 12th June 12012
Eligibility: All ages and levels of enterprise are welcome
For terms & conditions & Entry Form, visit: www.djmpc.in
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before