Enter the Chromotecture Architectural Photography Competition and You Could Win $1500July 10th, 2013
Homemade Dessert is now accepting entries for its Chromotecture architectural photography competition, a new challenge asking photographers to think about color in architecture. Color has a tremendous influence on human emotions. As Picasso once said, “colors, like features, follow the changes of emotions.” While perception of color is somewhat subjective, there are some effects that have a universal influence on people — these scientific principles of color are known as chromotherapy and have been used as a form of alternative medicine since the days of Cleopatra. Whether used as a conceptual trigger of a project, or introduced in the middle of a process to reconfigure the perception of some material or space, color has a particular psychological function, either perceptive or systematic. Homemade Dessert is searching for images of spaces where one can observe and feel this dual effect. Submit your photos by July 15, 2013 for a shot at a $1,500 prize.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:July 10th, 2013
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:July 15th, 2013
You are allowed to upload one photograph per registration (not less than 1500 pixels on the shortest side).
Minor alterations are allowed
Composition (20%), technical execution (20%) and narrative (60%).
All self-promotion methods are allowed. Homemade Desert reserves the right to disqualify any participant for dishonest acts like vote harvesting on vote-for-vote websites and for using robot-generated email accounts.
- Reinterpret ceramic floor tiles in the RESTILE competition for a chance at $12,000 in cash prizes!
- Enter your design prototypes to the ICFF Studio competition—Win a spot at ICFF and major media exposure
- Reimagine an old bullring in Barcelona in the Archallenge student competition for a shot at 4,000€ prizes
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before