Enter The City of Cleveland’s ‘Transforming the Bridge’ Design Competition – Win $5000!September 25th, 2012
The Cleveland Design Competition invites professionals, students, firms and designers to re-imagine the abandoned lower streetcar level of Cleveland’s Detroit-Superior Bridge as a dynamic public space, performance venue and pedestrian experience. At the beginning of 2012, a group of local designers and business leaders launched an initiative called “The Bridge Project” to raise public awareness about the potential of the bridge and to engage the community for input on opening the lower level for public use. The Cleveland Design Competition has partnered with The Bridge Project to engage designers to propose compelling visions for the permanent use of the bridge. Designs should provoke public conversation about creative place making in Cleveland and provide innovative ideas for a world-class public space. Submissions are due October 5th, 2012.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:September 25th, 2012
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:October 5th, 2012
- First Place: $5,000.00 USD + travel stipend to attend Awards Reception (maximum $750.00)
- Second Place: $2,000.00 USD + travel stipend to attend Awards Reception (maximum $500.00)
- Third Place: $1,000.00 USD + travel stipend to attend Awards Reception (maximum $250.00)
*At the sole discretion of the jury, each award level can be re-assigned to another award level or split. The total money awarded will not be less than $8000,00.00 USD. Travel stipend only applies to winners located greater than 100 miles from Cleveland, Ohio.
- Send in Your Ideas to OPENGAP's Tranquil Artists Retreat Design Competition for a Shot at Winning 2000 Euros!
- Submit Your Designs to the 2014 Taipei Tech [Occupation] International Student Architecture Competition!
- Solve Venice's Transportation Woes in M-Arch's "New Ways to Live Venice" Design Competition!
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before