Enter the FUTURE SC2013 Design CompetitionNovember 15th, 2013
FUTURE is launching, for third consecutive year, an international ideas competition to identify the best design concepts with the challenge to develop visionary urban proposals with the intention of stimulating contemporary cities, in this case 2 different locations: Harbin and Vigo. The aim of the competition is to offer opportunities, for all architecture students and young architects around the world that are not always available through other selection methods. Significant architects have launched their careers because their designs were selected as the winning schemes.
How do we imagine new urban regenerations?
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:November 15th, 2013
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:November 22nd, 2013
Winning entrants will receive cash prizes totalling 7,500€ in each site:
+ First prize: 3.500 Euros (Taxes included)
+ Second prize: 2.000 Euros (Taxes included)
+ 2 honorable mentions: 1.000 Euros each one (Taxes included)
+ 6 finalists: as acknowledgment (A limited number of 6 finalists will be awarded at the jury's discretion)
Competition type The open competition is single-phase and anonymous. Participants taking part in the competition shall be architecture students or architects under 35 years old on the closing date for submission of entries (November 22, 2013).
Digital Presentation Format
Entries must be sent to email@example.com by November 22, 2013, 24:00h Spanish local time, with the following requirements:
* 2 vertical A1 format panels in Portable Document Format (PDF) below 6MB each.
* Each presentation should include (but are not limited to) the following required drawings: site plan, floor plans; elevations and building sections sufficient to show site context and major program elements; a three dimensional representation in the form of either an axonometric, perspective, or renders, one of which should illustrate the character of the project; and a short text describing the most important concepts of the design project.
+ Cheng Taining, National Academician of China, President of China United Zhujing Architecture Design Co., Ltd
+ Fernando Agrasar, Director at ETSAC Escola Tecnica Superior de Arquitectura de A Coruña
+ He Jingtang, National Academician of China, President of School of Architecture and Architectural Design Research Institute of South China University of Technology
+ Jesus Irisarri, Professor at ETSAC, irisarri-piñera architects
+ Mei Hongyuan, President of School of Architecture of Harbin Institute of Technology and Architectural Design and Research Institute of HIT
+ José Juan González-Cebrián Tello, past Dean at ETSAC
+ Dong Danshen, President of Architectural Design and Research Institute of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou
+ Alfonso Penela Fernández, Design Professor at ETSAC
+ Wang Xingtian, General Convenor of The Contemporary Chinese Architectural Forum and President of Architects NIKKO-Shanghai Xingtian Architectural Design Group
+ Manuel Gallego Jorreto, past Professor at ETSAC
+ Tan Chong Chim, Executive Director of AVID ARCHITECTS PTE LTD, Shanghai
+ Alfredo Freixedo Alemparte, Design Professor at ETSAC;
+ Cesar Portela Fernández-Jardón, past Head of Projects Department at ETSAC;
+ Eduardo de la Peña, Secretary of Architecture and Design Department at Universidad CEU San Pablo, Madrid
+ Robert Terradas, Director at Escuela Arquitectura LaSalle, Barcelona;
+ Carlos Ferrater, Founding partner at OAB Office of Architecture in Barcelona
+ Rafael de La-Hoz, President at Rafael de La-Hoz Arquitectos
+ Gerardo Mingo Pinacho, architect and President of Future Group
- Send in Your Ideas to OPENGAP's Tranquil Artists Retreat Design Competition for a Shot at Winning 2000 Euros!
- Submit Your Designs to the 2014 Taipei Tech [Occupation] International Student Architecture Competition!
- Solve Venice's Transportation Woes in M-Arch's "New Ways to Live Venice" Design Competition!
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before