Enter The Generation Kingspan Architecture Competition and Design a Net-Zero Energy BuildingOctober 31st, 2012
Kingspan Insulated Panels North America has just announced their Generation Kingspan 2012 Design Competition for architecture students. The contest encourages U.S. and Canadian students to use Kingspan’s Insulated Metal Panels to create an innovative, net-zero energy, low-impact building that also reflects the company’s sustainable philosophy. The contest is currently in progress and will culminate with a ‘Grand Prize’ winner selection in November at the Greenbuild 2012 International Conference and Exposition in San Francisco. One winner will be determined by an esteemed panel and another winner determined by voting on the Generation Kingspan on-line design community. The two winners will each receive an internship at an architecture firm, a $2,500 scholarship and a $1,000 cash prize.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:October 31st, 2012
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:October 31st, 2012
Two winners will receive an internship at an architecture firm, a $2,500 scholarship and a $1,000 cash prize. The top designs will then compete for exhibit floor votes at San Francisco's Greenbuild to determine the grand prize winner, who will be awarded a laptop and voucher for design software.
The Crowd-Vote Contest. All submissions will be reviewed first by online voters visiting and participating on the contest website. Online reviewers will have the ability to assign badges to designs based on the three key elements of the design competition: 1. Design/Vision, 2. Sustainability, and 3. Energy Efficiency. In addition, commenting capabilities will enable students, expert voters and entrants to discuss the designs for crowd-sourced learning opportunities. The on-line community winner will be based on the design that accumulates the most badges.
The Juried Contest. Complementing the above, the contest also supports a winner, reviewed by an expert jury. The 2012 jury includes:
+ Lira Luis, NCARB, LEED AP, Principal Architect Role at ALLL (Atelier Lira Luis, LLC) a MBE certified firm
+ Chris Mundell, AIA, CSI, CDT, LEED AP BD+C, Vice President/Sustainable Design Coordinator at HKS
+ Mark Roddy, Design Principal at Smith Group
+ Keith Spurlin, CSI, CDT, Associate AIA, Business Development Manager, Kingspan Insulated Panels NA, Inc., former project designer, Gresham, Smith and Partners.
+ Paciano Diaz, RA, MBA, LEED AP, Business Development Manager, Kingspan Insulated Panels NA, Inc., former Senior Project Manager, Westfield Corp.
+ Harvey Bryan, Ph.D., FAIA, LEED AP, Professor and Senior Sustainability Scientist at the Global Institute of Sustainability at Arizona State University
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before