Enter the Siemens URBAN IDEAS Global Film CompetitionAugust 19th, 2013
Siemens wants you to show how an innovative product can help us conquer the challenges of urban life! With half of humanity living in cities, urban life is becoming more and more challenging—the growth of urban infrastructure is approaching its limits and eventually, the fight against climate change will be decided in cities. Luckily, exceptional minds around the world are already coming up with inventions that can help us lead a sustainable life in urban jungles. Your mission is to tell the story of an innovation that makes a difference for the individuals in urban cities, while maintaining a strong focus on the personal experiences of an individual. Siemens wants to see human, authentic films that tell a story from a personal point of view, identifying a human hero. Contribute to the conversation on this important topic and share your story! The deadline to enter is August 19th!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:August 19th, 2013
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:August 19th, 2013
Prize pool of $40,000
Do NOT use any Siemens branding in your film. Make it YOUR film, YOUR story, both in content and style.
Length: ideally under 3 minutes, 3:30 max – sorry, no exceptions!
Format: full HD only.
Be surprising, entertaining and touching.
Focus on the “human element”, make it real.
To enter, participants only need to create a free Zooppa account, upload their video, and submit the required forms. Good luck - we look forward to viewing your submission!
- What does your ideal floating city look like? Submit your ideas to the Seasteading Institute architecture competition for a shot at $2K!
- Enter your unbuilt architecture projects to the ArchDaily + IIDEXCanada Virtual Spaces Competition
- Submit your unrealized designs to the red dot award: design concept competition
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before