Enter UncommonGoods Woodworking Design Challenge and You Could Win $500February 28th, 2013
One our favorite eco e-retailers, UncommonGoods, has launched the Woodworking Design Challenge, a call for entries for designs featuring wood as a main material. The winner will receive $500, an UncommonGoods vendor contract, and will see their product sold on UncommonGoods.com alongside some of the site’s most popular wooden designs. There’s less than a week to submit your idea — enter today!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:February 28th, 2013
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:February 28th, 2013
$500 and an an UncommonGoods vendor contract
They want to see your designs that feature wood as a main material. They are looking for goods that fall into all categories—home décor, wall art, tech accessories, jewelry, games, etc. The sky is the limit, but only finished products, please.
After the call for entries, the semifinalist designs chosen by the UncommonGoods buyers will appear on UncommonGoods.com where the online community will vote on their favorite pieces to move on to the final round of judging. The top five voted designs will be judged by UncommonGoods Senior Buyer Erin Fergussen and San Francisco artist Dave Marcoullier. A winner will be chosen in late-March.
- Reinterpret ceramic floor tiles in the RESTILE competition for a chance at $12,000 in cash prizes!
- Enter your design prototypes to the ICFF Studio competition—Win a spot at ICFF and major media exposure
- Reimagine an old bullring in Barcelona in the Archallenge student competition for a shot at 4,000€ prizes
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before