Enter Metropolis Magazine’s Annual Next Generation Design Competition – Win $10K!February 18th, 2013
This year Metropolis magazine is challenging you to develop solutions that empower, advance, and include groups often overlooked in the design process, in their Next Generation® Design Competition. The contest welcomes ideas for systems, experiences, places, spaces and products that provide long-term and adaptable solutions. Entries can be conceptual, in the early stages of development, near completion, or completed and ready for the next phase of development, and they must have the potential to be made, built, or otherwise realized. The winner of Next Generation receives a $10,000 prize and the opportunity to bring their idea to the mainstream. The entry deadline is February 18, 2013.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:February 18th, 2013
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:February 18th, 2013
The winner of Next Generation receives a $10,000 prize, but, more importantly, that person or team receives career-building international attention. Past winners and runners-up have become leaders in their fields, receiving recognition from manufacturers, design firms, governments, design schools, and major NGOs, as well as media outlets such as the PBS television series,design e2 and the Metropolis film, Brilliant Simplicity.
This year's judges include Patricia A. Moore, president, MooreDesign Associates LLC; Jonsara Ruth, founding director, MFA Interior Design at Parsons the New School for Design; Scott Walzak, LEED® AP, architectural technician, HOK, Washington DC and member of last year's winning team; Gianfranco Zaccai, FIDSA, ADI, president & chief design officer, Continuum. The competition judging will be moderated by Susan S. Szenasy, Metropolis editor in chief.
- Send in Your Ideas to OPENGAP's Tranquil Artists Retreat Design Competition for a Shot at Winning 2000 Euros!
- Submit Your Designs to the 2014 Taipei Tech [Occupation] International Student Architecture Competition!
- Solve Venice's Transportation Woes in M-Arch's "New Ways to Live Venice" Design Competition!
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before