Sort Your Trash Can: Design a User-friendly Trash Can for Sorting Resources and You Could Win €5000October 28th, 2012
The average Dane generates about 624 kg. of waste per year and only 12% of their daily waste is recycled. Denmark’s largest waste mangement company, Vestforbrænding, wants to increase this amount. By sorting our trash we can reduce our overall solid waste significantly, and many waste handlers already have the facilities to start recycling more resources. Vestforbrænding believes that people are much more inclined to sort their trash if a waste bin is placed close to their house, but having a large waste container just next to your kitchen window isn’t ideal picture of a home. So to bring a stylish element to the act of recycling, Vestforbrænding is inviting inspired creatives to design user-friendly sorting-can in their Sort Your Trash Can design competition. Entries will be accepted until October 28, 2012 and the winning design will receive 5000 Euros!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:October 28th, 2012
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:October 28th, 2012
This is an idea and co-creation competition held on the world's first non profit co-creation platform Join.dk/#sortyourtrashcan.
You should upload your unfinished brainstorm sketch early in the process - and you also go into the draw for an iPad 3. See the instructions on www.sortyourtrashcan.com and also watch the teaser-video.
+ Flexibility: Ove E. Dalsgaard - Chairman of the Board at Vestforbrænding.
+ Context: Tina Saaby - Copenhagen's City Architect.
+ Functionality: Mikal Hallstrup - Chief Visionary Officer Designit.
+ Design communication: Louise Ryberg - Graphic Designer Hatch & Bloom.
+ Behavior change: Pelle Guldborg Hansen - Behavioral philosopher.
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
- Eco Fashion World
- Ethical Fashion Forum
- Seed and Sew
- Style Will Save Us
- Sustainable Style Foundation
- Abigail Doan
- Insider London
- Marc Alt + Partners
- Project H Design
- Secret Agent PR