Recently relocated to the Brooklyn Navy Yard, Terreform ONE has announced its 4th annual ONE Prize Competition. This year’s competition is set in the context of severe climate dynamism: How can cities adapt to the future challenges of extreme weather? The ONE Prize is a call to deploy sophisticated design to alleviate storm impact through various urban interventions such as: protective green spaces, barrier shorelines, alternative housing, waterproofing technology, and public space solutions. The ONE Prize seeks architects, landscape architects, urban designers, planners, engineers, scientists, artists, students and individuals of all backgrounds. The proposals can be for real or speculative projects, at one or more actual sites. Projects can be located either in the U.S. or abroad, but should be applicable to the U.S. proposals need not be generated exclusively for this competition, provided that they address the intent of the competition.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:August 31st, 2013
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:August 31st, 2013
Since 2010, One Prize has awarded over $40,000 in in prize money. We continue to promote all the winning projects and explore the possibilities of implementation in New York City and around the world.
+ 1st place US $5000
+ 2nd place US $2000
+ 3rd place US $1000
Press coverage by One Prize media sponsors.
Presentation of Designs at Lectures and Exhibitions.
Prominent Year-Long Exposure on the Competition Website.
Christine Quinn, Speaker of the City Council
Carlo Aiello, Editor-in-Chief, eVolo Magazine
Julie Bargmann, Founding Principal, D.I.R.T. Studio
Miquela Craytor, Director of Industrial Initiatives, NYC EDC
David Belt, Founder and Executive Director, Macro Sea
Dan D’Oca, Partner, Interboro Partners
Evan Douglis, Dean, RPI School of Architecture
Jason Goodman, Co-Founder and Executive Director, 3rd Ward
Robert Hammond, Co-Founder, Friends of the High Line
Andrew Kimball, President and CEO, Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation
Leslie Koch, President, The Trust for Governors Island
Jonathan Marvel, Partner, Rogers Marvel Architects
William Moggridge, Director, Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
Mahadev Raman, Chairman, Americas Arup
- Enter the Mobile Architecture for Strategic Healing Competition and help alleviate the Ebola crisis
- Reinterpret ceramic floor tiles in the RESTILE competition for a chance at $12,000 in cash prizes!
- Enter your design prototypes to the ICFF Studio competition—Win a spot at ICFF and major media exposure
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before