Student Design Competition: Enter the Guerrilla Green Sustainable Showdown and Transform Your SchoolFebruary 1st, 2013
Architecture for Humanity (AfH) is hosting the Guerrilla Green Sustainable Showdown, a national competition for all U.S. students (ages 13-19) to improve their schools. AfH is directly encourageing frustrated young people tired of waiting for the sustainable transformation of the built environment. This implementation initiative is for middle and high school students across the U.S. to update their school buildings, outdoor spaces, or activities with innovative solutions. Over $30,000 in prize money will go directly to the students. Participants willing to take this challenge head on will propose solutions at first, and then carry them out. Cameron Sinclair, ‘Chief Eternal Optimist’ of AfH and former TED Prize winner, argues that the only difference between a good idea and a great one is implementation. “I came up with Architecture for Humanity when I was a kid, and it took over a decade before I found the support to launch it,” he says. “We can’t wait while the innovative ideas sit on the shelf, so we are helping to fund the Guerrilla Green Sustainable Showdown and in turn invest in what matters, the environmental leaders of tomorrow.” Teachers and other inspired adults are encouraged to lead and guide teams of students. Register and submit a project by February 1, 2013 for consideration.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:February 1st, 2013
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:February 1st, 2013
Over $30,000 in prize money will be awarded.
Complete rules can be found here.
A list of jurors list can be found here.
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before