Submit Your Innovative Problem Solving Designs to the 2013 James Dyson Awards CompetitionAugust 1st, 2013
The James Dyson Award is an international design award that celebrates, encourages and inspires the next generation of design engineers. Run by the James Dyson Foundation, James Dyson’s charitable trust, the competition is part of the foundation’s mission to inspire young people about design engineering. The James Dyson Award is open to product design, industrial design and engineering university level students (or graduates within 4 years of graduation), who have studied in select countries. Three winners (either a student or student team) will be awarded with up to £52,000 in prizes. The deadline to submit works is August 1, 2013.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:August 1st, 2013
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:August 1st, 2013
+ £30,000 the student or student team
+ £10,000 to their university department
+ A James Dyson Award trophy
Two International Runners-up:
+ £10,000 - Certificate of Excellence National Winners:
+ £2,000 - Certificate of Excellence
The James Dyson Award is open to product design, industrial design and engineering university level students (or graduates within 4 years of graduation), who have studied in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, UK and USA.
Stage 1: A panel of design and engineering professors and professionals in each of the 18 participating countries.
Stage 2: A panel of Dyson design engineers.
Stage 3: James Dyson will name the winner.
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before