HOME MADE FORTUNE COOKIE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of regular sugar
- 1 egg white (you can substitute in 1 Tbsp. plain agar powder dissolved in 1 Tbsp. water, whipped, chilled, and whipped again if you want to make your cookies vegan)
- 3 Tbsp. of water
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
Helpful tips: These cookies admittedly take a bit of practice to get perfect, but there are a few tricks to getting them to come out as nicely as possible:
- The less cookies you do on one sheet, the easier it is.
- If you find that your cookies are too mushy in consistency, add a bit more water. That may sound counter-intuitive, but the water makes the batter easier to spread thin which helps dry the cookies out properly.
- Don’t use too much batter for each cookie. A little more than a teaspoon of batter should do the trick.