RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:X
Enter Your Hilarious Home Improvement Videos in the 3M Couple Speak Contest to Win $5,000!
Ever feel like you and your significant other are speaking two completely different languages? Believe it or not, that phenomena is so common that there’s a name for it – Couple Speak. It’s when she says “Are you sure that’s going to work?” but really means “That’s not going to work” or when he says “That looks interesting…” but means “You’re doing it all wrong!” When it comes to home improvement projects where communication and teamwork are key, Couple Speak can make for some disastrous (and LOL-worthy) scenarios, which is why 3M is challenging you to show off your funniest videos of the sticky situations that occur when there is a miscommunication between partners. The two videos that make them laugh the hardest and best show Couple Speak in action will take home $5,000 each, so get your camcorder out and get crackin’!
Your mission – should you choose to accept it – is to create a video that showcases the kind of Couple Speak that two people use during home improvement projects (check out the video above for an example).
SOME GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW:
- Your video should not showcase any 3M products. In fact, that’s the subtle point we’re trying to make: if you had used 3M products, maybe you wouldn’t be in this pickle!
- Videos cannot be longer than 2 minutes.
- These videos are about DIY projects, so it’s fine for them to have a DIY feel.
- By all means, bring the humor, but please don’t make your video mean-spirited, spiteful or profane.
- Close your video with one of the 5 animations / end reels, based on the 3M product that would have helped avoid the miscommunication. The closing animations are available for you to upload with your video on the Facebook page.
The Couple Speak Video Contest will have 2 winners, chosen based on pre-determined criteria, who will each win a $5,000 cash prize. Besides the two video winners, there will also be a $250 weekly cash prize given to users who participate in the translation sweepstakes, which doesn’t require a video, but a simple funny written translation – you can check it out here.
Browse by Keyword