For more than 30 years, I have been lucky to learn a great deal. As I continue to collaborate with German chemist Dr. Michael Braungart, with whom I co-developed the Cradle to Cradle philosophy, we are seeing broader and deeper understanding that less bad will never be enough. Moving forward, I predict that the pace of change will quicken and that Cradle to Cradle ripples will widen. What a delightful journey—toward abundance for all—we are on together.
1. William McDonough (Eco Designer & Thought Leader, Founder Cradle To Cradle, MBDC, and William McDonough + Partners)
2. Graham Hill (Founder, Treehugger.com and Vice President, Interactive Media, Planet Green)
3. Jill Fehrenbacher (Designer, Founder & Editor-in-chief of Inhabitat)
4. Michelle Kaufmann (Architect and Founder, Michelle Kaufmann Studio)
5. Emily Pilloton (Green Designer and Founder/Executive Director, Project H)
6. Lloyd Alter (Architecture and Design Writer, Treehugger.com)
7. Zem Joaquin (Founder, Ecofabulous)
8. Sarah Rich (Founder, Longshot Magazine and Co-Founder, The Foodprint Project)
9. Kira Gould (Author and Director of Communications, William McDonough + Partners, co-author of Women in Green: Voices of Sustainable Design)
10. Katie Fehrenbacher (Editor, Earth2Tech.com and Writer, GigaOM.com)
11. David Johnson (Architect and Partner, William McDonough + Partners)
12. Bridgette Meinhold (Designer, Artist & Architecture Editor at Inhabitat.com)
Did our experts’ predictions for 2010 hit or miss the mark? Read what they had to say about last year.