Green Halloween Costume Contest - DEADLINE TONIGHT
We know our Inhabitat readers are a creative bunch and we can’t wait to see the funny and thoughtful costumes that you’ve cooked up, so don’t forget to send in your photos to our annual Green Halloween costume contest for a chance to win some great green gadget prizes like hand-crank and solar power flashlights for your late-night trick o’ treating. The deadline is MIDNIGHT TONIGHT! And if you have little ones (or like looking at pics of cute little ones in green halloween costumes), check out the Inhabitots Green Halloween contest for kids >.
The deadline for both contests is MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!
GREEN HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST!!
To encourage all you Inhabitat readers to get creative and green this Halloween, we are excited to announce our annual GREEN HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST! We are looking for the funniest, the greenest, the most resourceful halloween costumes out there – so send your snapshots to editor at inhabitat dot com.
THE DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 31st – Midnight EST
Winners will be announced on November 1st
Our grand prize winner will receive an incredible FR500 SolarLink radio from Etón. This multitasking uber-gadget recently won a best-of-the-best Red Dot award for product design in 2008. It features a crank and solar-powered AM/FM/Shortwave Radio, flashlight, siren, and cell phone charger, making it the perfect accompaniment to late-night halloween trick or treating.
Our second place winner will win a fantastic crank-charged Freeplay ML-1 Lantern, and our third place winner will receive a Freeplay Kito LED Flashlight. Both feature ultra-bright LEDs and handy cranks that will provide an hour of light for every minute of cranking. In addition, all of our winners and two runners-up will receive their choice of an Inhabitat T-shirt or tote bag (value $40).
1. You need to be a registered Inhabitat reader to be eligible for a prize. If you haven’t registered for our newsletter yet, REGISTER HERE >
2. submit up to 5 photos of a single costume – email to editor at inhabitat dot com
3. PHOTOS MUST BE SIZED TO 537 pixels wide, 72 dpi, and under 100K – for publication on the web
4. we will not download gigantic photographs
5. store-bought costumes will not be considered
6. sexy costumes for the ladies involving cat/mouse/bunny ears or devil horns will also not be considered – people you are better than this!
7. by sending us your photos you agree that you are allowing us to publish your photos online
8. if you are dressing up your kids, and you want to win cute kids’ schwag instead of hand-crank lanterns, considering entering your kids costumes in the kid-oriented INHABITOTS HALLOWEEN CONTEST >
ALTERNATE SUBMISSION – Jack-O-Lantern Contest!
You can also enter this competition with a picture of your jack-o-lantern, if you happen to have carved an awesome jack-o-lantern that has some sort of Inhabitat related theme. That could be a tree, an owl, a planet-earth, an Inhabitat logo, etc etc.. See this lovely Habby Jack-o-Lantern as an example. This fabulous specimen was carved by our favorite Inhabitat sister, Molly Pilloton, and we love you for it Molly! Same rules for photo sizing apply…
Browse by Keyword