RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:X
HOW TO: Learn How to Make a Mini Felt Planter to Green Your Walls
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
- Craft felt (preferably at least 21 inches long)
- Sewing machine and thread
- Pattern (print pattern here, cut out and tape together or design your own)
- Small plastic bags (plastic fold-over lunch baggies or small cellophane treat bags)
- Grommets and grommet setting tool (you can find kits for this at any sewing or craft store)
- Potting Soil
- Plants for your mini planter (succulents and vines work well. We used “String of Pearls”, a succulent, “Golden Pothos”, a vine, and “Little Gem”, another succulent.)
Step 2: Cut out the pieces of your planter
Print out the pattern on one sheet of 8.5 X 11 inch printer paper, cut out, and tape together the two pieces. Use the pattern to cut out your felt. If your felt piece is not long enough, you can sew two pieces together to create a 21 inch piece.
Step 3: Sew the planter together
Fold the edge of the planter (the 4” side, not the tapered side) over narrowly and stitch down the hem. Next, fold the felt planter piece together and sew the two side seams as shown. Make sure you don’t sew the tapered flap into the side seams.
Browse by Keyword