Hey Los Angeles readers! Want to score a free ticket to the West Coast’s largest design event, Dwell on Design? We’re looking for a few volunteers to help us man our fabulous Inhabibooth during the show, so if you want to see the show for free and spend some time bonding with the Inhabicrew, email our local LA editor Evelyn with your availability (at least three hours) at evelyn [at] inhabitat [dot] com! And if you’ve already made plans to head to the LA Convention center this weekend but haven’t pre-registered yet, today is the last day to receive a discounted rate using our promo code — Enter dwellinhabitat9 for a $15 discount!
If you’re looking for a greener reason to attend – perhaps some of these exciting exhibitors will get you interested:
- Akeeno DIY solar panels
- Cosentino will be launching a revolutionary new eco-friendly countertop and surfacing material composed of 75% recycled material.
- The ever-popular Dwell Outdoor space will feature a sustainable prefab structure by Reclaimed Space (with interiors by Ecofabulous) that will be available for auction via eBay during Dwell on Design. Immediately after the show, the winner will be announced. When we did this last year, actor TJ Thynes of Bones fame was the lucky winner. This year a few other celebs are slated to stop by to check it out and maybe make a bid.
- kitHAUS will be showing its prefab modules, which are built with patented lightweight materials and all windows, doors, walls and sub-floors are insulated to high energy standards.
- Modern-Shed will be showing its effective solution to utilizing space while moving in step with the environment.
- Marmol Radziner will be unveiling the latest addition to their pre-fab family
If that’s not enough to pique your interest, there’s a number of really great sustainable panels that we suggest you check out:
- The regreen rountable will be a panel discussion on hot topics and expert tidbits on successful green remodels.
- TV design star Angelo Surmelis will be on board to chat about what exactly IS eco-friendly.
- The Green District in LA: Panelists will discuss the Architect’s Newspaper/SCI-Arc competition to develop a new Green District in Downtown Los Angeles, and what it will mean for the city.
- SYNTHe Green Roof: The first city-approved green roof sits atop a flat six-story apartment complex in downtown Los Angeles. Designer Alexis Rochas will be there to discuss the intricacies of the SYNTHe green roof and how it can be a model for other rooftop landscapes.
- Also actor and environmental activist, Ed Begley, Jr. will be present to discuss his environmental journey and tips on how to live a sustainable life.
- Inhabitat will also be on stage with a judge and designer from our Spring Greening Contest
If we’ve managed to pique your interest, but you’re a little strapped for cash, Inhabitat is still seeking volunteers to help man our booth. To get a free entrance ticket into the exhibit hall, email our local LA editor Evelyn with your availability (at least three hours) at : evelyn [at] inhabiat [dot] com.