- Inhabitat – Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building - http://inhabitat.com -
INHABITAT T-Shirt Design Competition!
Posted By Jill Fehrenbacher On April 4, 2007 @ 6:17 am In Accessories and Fashion,Announcements,Design,Green Design Competitions,T-Shirt Competition | 33 Comments
We have always wanted our very own eco-friendly Inhabitat T-shirt, incorporating organic cotton, water-based inks and a super cute design, to illustrate our mission of green design = good design . We know that our readers are a creative and future-forward bunch, so we thought it a perfect opportunity to open it up to our readers and see what you can do. Show off your design skills and promote the cause of sustainable style at the same time. You could even win some fabulous prizes in the process!
FINALISTS will receive T-shirts and publication on Inhabitat
Here’s the lowdown: We are planning to produce T-shirts made of organic cotton, using 100% water-based, environmentally friendly inks. We are looking for designs that are creative, cute and incorporate the Inhabitat brand some way – either through our color palette, bamboo imagery, or the Inhabitat logo or mascot (Habby the Inhabitat Owl). The winning designer will have their design printed on all of our T-shirts, and will also win a $150 gift certificate to our favorite green design store Branch. 
Finalists will be announced next week – April 24th, and readers will have the opportunity to vote on the winning designs starting next week.
InhabitatTSHIRT@gmail.com  – as jpegs or gifs, at 72 dpi, no larger than 500X500, along with your name, email address, phone number and a short description of your concept.
Designs that are selected as finalists will need to be available as Illustrator/vector artwork or high-res raster files in CYMK or spot colors for printing, so please bear this in mind when creating your designs.
1. You can enter as many designs as you like
2. Jurying will be done anonymously and designs will be selected on the basis of merit and feasibility
3. All finalists will receive a copy of the T-shirt design, and the winning designer will also receive a gift certificate for $150 to Branch 
4. You can not infringe on anyone’s copyright with your design, and by entering the competition, you agree that your work is your own
5. By entering the competition, you agree to give Inhabitat non-exclusive rights to publish your work on our website and/or use your design on our T-shirt
Designs should incorporate the following:
1. Inhabitat green color scheme + Inhabitat logo or logotype
2. TSDesigns’ “Clothing Facts” logo somewhere on the shirt
3. The original undyed T-shirt will be white – so white is preferred over colored T-shirt designs
4. Up to 6 colors are allowed, but less = more . If you can do a fabulous design in 1 color, this will give you a leg up in the competition
5. Designs can fit ANYWHERE on the T-shirt body (except seams), and creative use of the T-shirt space is encouraged.
We are looking for designs that are fabulously eye-catching and creative, but also wearable and practical. Design something you would be proud to wear yourself.
All logos and materials can be downloaded at the end of this post.
Article printed from Inhabitat – Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building: http://inhabitat.com
URL to article: http://inhabitat.com/inhabitat-tshirt-design-competition/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/04/04/inhabitat-tshirt-design-competition/
 two-year-birthday: http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/03/17/inhabitat-turns-2/
 a green T-shirt design contest!: http://
 green design = good design: http://http://www.inhabitat.com/mission/
 favorite green design store Branch.: http://www.branchhome.com/
 InhabitatTSHIRT@gmail.com: mailto:inhabitatTSHIRT@gmail.com
 Image: http://inhabitat.com/tshirt/IHsquarelogo.eps
 Image: http://inhabitat.com/tshirt/Inhabitatlogotype.eps
 Image: http://inhabitat.com/tshirt/InhabitatOWL.eps
 Image: http://inhabitat.com/tshirt/inhabitatyp.eps
Copyright © 2011 Inhabitat Local - New York. All rights reserved.