RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:X
Inhabitat's Top 10 Most Inspiring Stories of 2013
The media tends to feed on negativity – but if you dig a little deeper you’ll find a wealth of uplifting and inspiring stories just below the surface. Sometimes they’re about brilliant teenagers who came up with innovative solutions to the world’s problems – like this 16-year-old who created bioplastic from bananas and the student who developed a phone charger that can fill your cell in 20 seconds. Other times they’re about visionaries like the man who is planting a second forest entirely by hand, the African inventor who built a working 3D printer from e-waste, and the Empowerment Plan to provide Detroit’s homeless with coats that turn into sleeping bags. These bright minds are building a more sustainable tomorrow – check out their stories below and vote for the most inspiring!
Which is the most inspiring story of 2013?
- 123 Votes 19-Year-Old Develops Ocean Cleanup Array That Could Remove 7,250,000 Tons Of Plastic From the World's Oceans
- 57 Votes Chinese Man Builds His Own Bionic Hands from Scrap Metal After Losing Limbs in Explosion
- 56 Votes Indian Man Announces Plans to Plant Second 1,300 Acre Forest by Hand
- 27 Votes The Empowerment Plan Provides Detroit's Homeless with Warm Coats That Double as Sleeping Bags
- 19 Votes Four Nigerian Girls Create Pee-Powered Energy Generator
- 14 Votes West African Inventor Makes a $100 3D Printer From E-Waste
- 11 Votes Couple Leave Their Jobs to Build a Recycled Windows Love Nest
- 9 Votes Eighteen-Year-Old Invents Device That Can Charge Your Cell Phone in 20 Seconds
- 9 Votes Yoda the Piglet Escapes Slaughterhouse, Finds Love and Safety
- 6 Votes Sixteen-Year-Old Student Turns Banana Peels Into Bioplastic
Total Voters: 331
Browse by Keyword