You don't have to possess an exceptional aptitude towards all things crafty in order to pull off any of these clever DIY gifts that will really wow the kiddos in your life. All you'll need is a few alone hours on a pre-holiday afternoon, or you can have the kids pick a project and join in on the task of gift creation for friends and family.
1. SOCK ANIMALS – INSTRUCTIONS – Design Sponge
• One pair of socks.
• Stuffing-cotton batting or polyester fiber.
• Red knitting yarn.
• Black embroidery thread.
• All purpose thread.
• Buttons for eyes (optional)
2. WOODEN BABY BLOCKS – INSTRUCTIONS – Ashley Steele
• 3 1/4-inch square wood block
• Acrylic paint
• Mod Podge
• Decorative paper
• Emery board
• Letters, numbers, and embellishments
3. FABRIC NESTING DOLLS – INSTRUCTIONS – Made by Joel
• Fabric (I used a natural denim for the front and fleece for the back.)
• Scissors and/or rotary cutter
• Sewing machine (or hand sew)
• Fabric pen (I use Painters Opaque Paint Markers by Elmer’s. They’re non-toxic and great for fabric.)
4. CHALKBOARD CITY BLOCKS – INSTRUCTIONS – Hellobee
• One length of 2X4 lumber
• Chalkboard paint
• Foam roller
• Paint tray
5. CHILDREN’S ART TOTE – INSTRUCTIONS – H is for Handmade
• Sewing machine
• 3/8 yrd. fabric (heavy and sturdy fabric is best!)
• Fabric measuring approx. 14″X14″ (a quilter’s fat quarter is perfect!)
• Ribbon (optional)
6. PICTURE DOMINO SET – INSTRUCTIONS – Artsy Ants
• Wooden blocks (check the lumber section of your local hardware store for non-treated wood)
• Mod Podge
*BONUS* DINO ROCKS- INSTRUCTIONS – The Kitchen is my Playground
• Leftover coffee grounds
• A package or two of plastic dinosaurs (or other surprise!)
• Mixing bowl
• Baking sheet
• Parchment paper