Happy new year everyone!
Though 2013 went by in a flash, we here at Inhabitat are raising our glasses in excitement for what the new year holds. We've turned to some of the world's leading environmental experts and design luminaries to get their predictions for 2014. Discussing hot topics ranging from climate change
to global infrastructure
to design resiliency
, read on for what these 15 eco-minded pundits predict for 2014!
1. Bill McKibben — Environmentalist, President and Co-Founder of 350.org
2. Amanda Dameron — Editor-in-Chief at Dwell Magazine
3. Emily Pilloton — Founder + Executive Director at Project H Design
4. Allan Chochinov — Editor at Large at Core77; Chair at the School of Visual Arts MFA Products of Design
5. Rebecca Silver — Consultant at Clean by Design, the Natural Resources Defense Council; Adjunct Professor at the School of Visual Arts Products of Design
6. Nick Blitterswyk — CEO of Urban Green Energy
7. Ned Helme — President of Center for Clean Air Policy
8. Sheryl Connelly — Global Trend and Futuring Manager at Ford Motor Company
9. Billy Parish — President & Co-Founder of Mosaic, Co-Founder of Energy Action Coalition, Author of Making Good: Finding Meaning, Money, and Community in a Changing World
10. Minda Berbeco, PhD — Programs and Policy Director at the National Center for Science Education
11. Walker Wells — Green Urbanism Program Director at Global Green USA; Lecturer at UCLA Urban Planning, and Pomona College
12. Martin Beniston — Director of the Institute for Environmental Sciences of the University of Geneva; Project leader of the PlanetSolar DeepWater Expedition
13. Kevin Brownawell — Director of the Office of Infrastructure and Energy at USAID
14. Josh Morgenthau — NYC Lead at Good Eggs NYC; Co-owner of Fishkill Farms
15. Zachary Shahan — Director of CleanTechnica and Planetsave; Owner/Founder of Solar Love, EV Obsession, and Bikocity
Did our experts’ predictions for 2013 hit or miss the mark? Read what they had to say about last year here.