malindre

Marvin the Martian: An Eco-Friendly Solar-Powered Pleasure Boat

by , 07/06/10

marvin the martian, solar powered boat, green boat, green transportation, eco boat, sustainable boat, solar boat, green design, eco design, sustainable design

Marvin the Martian” is a 50′ solar-powered cruising catamaran. The 35 sq. meters of photovoltaic panels affixed to its roof supply the vessel with enough energy to be self-sufficient, and the boat is designed to be constructed using the most advanced technologies in the field today. The electrical propulsion has a 30Nm autonomy at 5 kn, while the diesel propulsion can achieve a 487Nm autonomy at 9 kn. And we have to say that it looks pretty spiffy too!

READ MORE >

Related Posts

LEAVE A COMMENT

or your inhabitat account below

Let's make sure you're a real person:


3 Comments

  1. Mystech July 7, 2010 at 4:27 pm

    This is actually SUPER eco-friendly since it only exists in 100% recyclable pixels at the moment. :-)

  2. malindre July 7, 2010 at 1:35 pm

    Only a 10% of the international boating market corresponds to acquisitions of sailing boats. The low percentage can be explained by numerous factors, not least of which is the need for a very specific instruction in order to sail. The remaining 90% prefers to experience sea life in a more indirect way so, therefore, the idea of offering a cruise yacht that does not require particular abilities or instruction, while at the same time remaining eco-sustainable – providing low gas consumption and a silent navigation – could become an intriguing alternative.

  3. drm2g July 7, 2010 at 12:28 pm

    Why not just put a mast and sail on it and eliminate the diesel?

  • Read Inhabitat

  • Search Categories

  • Recent Posts

  • Recent Comments

  • Browse by Keyword

get the free Inhabitat newsletter

Submit this form
popular today
all time
most commented
more popular stories >
more popular stories >
more popular stories >
Federated Media Publishing - Home