EV Exhibit Comes to Central Park With Free Screening of ‘Revenge of the Electric Car’
We love electric cars. And we love Central Park. So you can imagine are delight when we discovered that next Tuesday evening, these very two things are coming together. On July 12, there will be a free screening of the film “Revenge of the Electric Car” (it’s not even in theaters yet!) at the Central Park bandshell, plus — and this is even more exciting — some of the most popular and advanced electric cars will be on display before the film. Visitors will have the chance to chat with industry experts before diving behind the scenes in Chris Paine’s documentary.
Revenge of the Electric Car, which premiered at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival, chronicles the development of the eco-friendly EV as the global economic crisis takes its toll the auto industry. The film is the second from Paine that examines the development of the electric car. His first film, Who Killed the Electric Car?, debuted at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival, and it explored the creation and limited commercialization of the electric car in the 1990s.
The first documentary followed activists fighting for greener vehicles, but this second film takes a different viewpoint. For Revenge, Paine gained inside access to Tesla Motors, GM, and Nissan so he could get a better understanding about the resurgence of EVs. He spent three years with the insiders to learn how and why the EV came back with a vengeance.
The Central Park screening of Revenge is the product of a collaboration between Nissan and the Mayor’s Office of Sustainability and Longterm Planning. The Chevy Volt, Ford Transit Connect, Navistar eStar, Nissan Leaf and an original electric Toyota RAV4 are just a few of the EVs that will all be on display for you to check out, plus the know-it-alls who helped make them will be there to answer all your questions.
New York City has been a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to EVs, but our personal transportation is slowly getting greener. More than 200 charging stations are installed throughout the city, and more and more pop up all the time. Plus, several new EV sharing programs have taken root and found success.
Free Screening of Revenge of the Electric Car and Car Display
Central Park Bandshell
Tuesday, July 12
Car show starts at 7:30 p.m.
Film starts at 8:30 p.m.
images © Revenge of the Electric Car
- PHOTOS: Nissan’s NV200 “Taxi of Tomorrow” Debuts in New York City
- New York City Approves Nissan’s Fuel-Efficient “Taxi of Tomorrow”
- Nissan Leaf Taxi Pilot Program to Begin in NYC
- NYC’s First Ever All-Electric Taxis Hit the Streets Today
- Nissan NV200 Taxi of Tomorrow Plan Shot Down by NY Supreme Court
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
follow inhabitat on:
< previous next >
su m t w th f sa 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28