Sustainable Fashion: Fiber to Fabulous!Fashion Institute of Technology Conference Center, 28th Street (between 7th & 8th Aves.) , New York, NY 10001
START: 9:00 AM July 12, 2012
END: 5:00 PM July 12, 2012
This full-day symposium will take attendees through eco garment production, from end to end. Learn first hand about new applications and sustainable business practices that are being used by leading fashion brands and designers today. See products take shape from design through production, made from material efficient processes, that use natural fabric sources, cheaper reused materials and are less toxic. Sessions over the course of the symposium will take garments through each stage of the supply chain and production process, culminating in a fashion show featuring the final product, at the day’s conclusion.
Nick Hahn, Founder of Nick Hahn Associates and former CEO of Cotton Inc.
Shona Quinn, Sustainability Officer at EILEEN FISHER, INC.
Anthony Lilore, RESTORE Clothing
David Peck, Designer of CrOp Clothing
For more info, click here.
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before