Free fruit is coming your way! Every Friday from May to November, Go Healthy NY will be hosting Free Fruit Fridays to encourage New Yorkers to adopt a healthier diet and lifestyle. The Go Healthy New York fruit truck will be traveling throughout the five boroughs, giving away a delicious variety of fruit, vegetables, smoothies, and healthy snacks. For the start of the program today, the fruit truck is on Houston Street across from Whole Foods.
Given the fact that they’ll be giving away free healthy food, they probably won’t have any problems attracting customers, but to sweeten the deal, they are offering special giveaways and prizes at the food truck. Plus, they’ll be recruiting different celebrities, chefs, and athletes for surprise appearances — so you could have the chance to slurp smoothies with your favorite famous New Yorker! Check out the schedule (through July) below to see when the Go Healthy food truck will be visiting your neighborhood.
Go Healthy NY is part of GE’s Healthymagination campaign, partnering with NBC and other affiliates in an effort to make NYC the healthiest city in American. You can read more about the campaign by visiting their Facebook page, or by visiting their blog on NBC for some great advice on healthy living.
Via NBC New York
- MANHATTAN: Friday, May 6, 2011 – Bowery Area, Vicinity of Sara D. Roosevelt Park across from Whole Foods
- BROOKLYN: Friday, May 13, 2011 -Brooklyn Academy of Music on Lafayette Avenue between Ashland Place and St. Felix Street
- QUEENS: Friday, May 20, 2011 – Forest Hills Area, McDonald Park on Queens Boulevard between Yellowstone Blvd and 70th Road
- BRONX: Friday, May 27, 2011 – Bronx Zoo / Vicinity of Entrance
- STATEN ISLAND: Friday, June 3, 2011 – Staten Island Zoo / Vicinity of Entrance
- MANHATTAN: Friday, June 10, 2011 – Greenwich & Warren Street (West Side of Street) Across from Whole Foods Tribeca Store
- BROOKLYN: Friday, June 17th, 2011 – 7th Ave, between 8th & 9th street (Vicinity of Train Station)
- QUEENS: Friday, June 24th, 2011 – Steinway Street & 31st Ave.
- BRONX: Friday, July 1st, 2011 – NY Botanical Garden (Vicinity of Entrance, Bronx River Parkway & Fordham Road)
- STATEN ISLAND: Friday, July 8th, 2011 – Father Capadanno Blvd & Sand Lane (Vicinity of South Beach Boardwalk, near South Fin Grill)