Angelica Kitchen300 E. 12th St., New York, New York 10003
Angelica Kitchen website >
HOURS: 11:30am - 10:30pm
NEIGHBORHOOD: East Village
CATEGORIES: organic, vegetarian, local
For more than three decades, Angelica Kitchen has been serving up delicious dishes created in a sustainable environment. With 95 percent ecological and fair trade ingredients, the cafe is the epitome of an Earth-friendly restaurant. They use ingredients that are always fresh and organic, and the menu specials change with the seasons, so your eco-conscious palate will never get bored. This community-driven, vegan cafe is helping to green the world one open-faced tempeh sandwich at a time.
READER REVIEWS (7)
Angelika sticks to its guns. It is seriously fresh, seriously environmentally sustainable unapologetic vegan cuisine. I have to say that I’ve never had a dud here, but they could use a little more spicing in their dishes, and maybe a few more mushrooms for some weight to the dishes. Not the kind of place that your burger loving friends will find impressive, they’ll leave saying, “that was pretty good, for vegan food.” But if you’re vegan/veggie/environmentally conscious it is definitely worth the visit.
I love this place! Their vegetable wrap sandwich is my favorite.
Love the food, but the service is a bit left to be desired. A waiter chewed my sister out —in the most impolite way possible—when she answered her cell phone.
This is my favorite spot. I always get the Dashi, even in the summer! Saw Maggie Gyllenhaal a few times here too.
I love this restaurant!
Can’t wait to go back and try the Soba Sensation!
I am a follower of Inhabitat.com and I want to share my list of food stops if you guys happen to visit Iloilo, Philippines.
Check the list here: http://promotraveltips.blogspot.com/
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >
READ MORE >
Mayor de Blasio announces that all NYC buildings have discontinued burning harmful No. 6 heating oil