Bronx Zoo2300 Southern Boulevard , Bronx, New York 10460
Bronx Zoo website >
HOURS: November 1–April 1
Daily: 10:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
April 2–October 31
Monday–Friday: 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Weekends & Holidays: 10:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
The Zoo is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
NEIGHBORHOOD: Belmont, Bronx
New Yorkers are lucky to have the world’s largest urban zoo right in their city. With 265 acres of wildlife habitats to see, the Bronx Zoo is the ultimate escape in the Big Apple that let’s you choose your own adventure every time you visit! More than 600 species from around the globe call the Bronx Zoo home — from the Congo Gorilla Forest to the Madagascar exhibit, the zoo is the perfect place to see and learn about animals.
Plus, you can feel good about visiting the Bronx Zoo — the Wildlife Conservation Society is dedicated to greening its own backyard with measures to combat climate change at its Bronx Zoo headquarters and throughout its New York City Zoos and Aquarium. Through energy-efficient exhibits and office buildings, recycling programs, and other eco-friendly technologies, the WCS strives to set an example for other organizations and individuals in New York City to lighten our output.
READER REVIEWS (2)
I LOVE the Bronx Zoo! I feel like a little kid every time I visit. The Madagascar exhibit is really stunning, and I love watching the sea lions. I think the best time to visit is in the early fall, when it’s not too hot and the animals are active. There’s a lot of ground to cover, so make sure you get there early to give yourself plenty of time.
The Bronx Zoo is a favorite in our family. There is a lot to be seen. Our favorites are the Camels, Sea Lions and Giraffes. There is a wonderful Carousel that is a \”must\” stop for our five year old daughter. In the summer wednesdays is a suggested donation charge for entry. So it tends to be a bit crowded but it can save you a few bucks. I recommend getting to the zoo as early as possible. Animals are active and you can appreciate the park better.
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
READ MORE >
INTERVIEW: City Parks Foundation's Heather Lubov on transforming baseball diamonds into golf schools
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >