Central Park Zoo64th Street and Fifth Avenue , New York, NY 10065
Central Park Zoo website >
HOURS: November 1, 2010–April 1, 2011
Daily 10:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
April 2–October 30, 2011
Monday–Friday 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Weekends and holidays 10:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
NEIGHBORHOOD: Upper East Side, Manhattan
With just more than five acres, Central Park Zoo is small, but the fun and entertainment are not limited. In the middle of Manhattan, you can travel through a variety of habitats, all carefully designed to recreate the natural environment of the animals they house. Located right near the entrance, the Sea Lions always steal the spotlight.
Like all of the city’s zoos, the location in Central Park is dedicated to a green future by using energy-efficient exhibits and office buildings, recycling programs, and other eco-friendly technologies.
READER REVIEWS (3)
The Central Park Zoo may be small, but it’s still a lot of fun — even for adults! I went with a couple friends last summer, and despite the place being overrun with children, we got a kick out of the sea lions and the monkeys. Major drawback, though, is the price — $12 for an adult is way too much for such a tiny zoo.
Loved the polar bears, once they woke up and started swimming around. A great place to take a child for the afternoon. The family membership is well worth it, but doesn’t cover the cost of the petting zoo, which is the best!
I love the Central Park Zoo! It is small but there is a lot to see. The Polar bears are great. There is also the tropical bird exhibit that is a \”must see\”. They have the Conservatory Center, where they have story telling, arts & crafts and puppet shows. There is also the Petting Zoo. When you are done the Park awaits.
This is one of my families favorite outings. Just because you have the combination of the Zoo, Park and Playground at a walking distance.
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >
READ MORE >
15,000-sq-ft rooftop park boasts sweeping city views and ice cream served out of a 1974 Airstream trailer
- READ MORE >