Dirt Candy86 Allen Street, New York, New York 10002
Dirt Candy website >
HOURS: Tuesday to Saturday 5:30 to 11:00
NEIGHBORHOOD: Lower East Side
DIRECTIONS: 6 train to Astor Place, R + N trains to 8th Street/NYU - walk east on 9th street to Dirt Candy
F train to 2nd Avenue - walk north on 1st avenue to 9th street and turn right
CATEGORIES: vegetarian, vegan, upscale, organic
Dirt Candy is fine dining at its vegetarian best. True to their name, they serve only food that was sweetened by the soil — and of course the sun. The tiny restaurant has won too many accolades to list — though the Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand status is worth a mention — but won’t overwhelm you with too much pomp and circumstance. The food is delicious, the atmosphere is relaxed and inviting and the staff is extremely helpful.
READER REVIEWS (4)
The restaurant is small but the food is DELICIOUS!
This place is a must for vegetarians. It does cost a bit more but for a special occasion it’s great. The staff was pleasant and the food was incredible!
This place is a really amazing, unique find – highly recommended for a date night.
Dirt Candy is wonderful and one of my favorite restaurants in NYC. There are like 4 tables and it is always packed, so you need to make reservations well in advance. They do amazing things here to even the most boring vegetables that totally transforms them into heavenly gourmet yumminess. DIrt Candy rocks my world!
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
READ MORE >
15,000-sq-ft rooftop park boasts sweeping city views and ice cream served out of a 1974 Airstream trailer
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >