Ekovaruhuset – BUSINESS CLOSED123 Ludlow St., New York, New York 10002
HOURS: Wed-Sun 1pm-8pm
NEIGHBORHOOD: Lower East Side, Manhattan
CATEGORIES: accessories, eco-fashion, men's, women's
This business has closed.
Ekovaruhuset’s inventory is an international stew of inspired, sustainable fashion, with its designers representing regions such as Haiti, Taiwan, Europe and New York. Here, you’ll find wardrobe staples made from organic fabrics and edgy handmade pieces for men and women, a la beautiful hand-knit, vegetable dyed wool hats and crocheted hemp necklaces that are anything but crunchy. The boutique also carries sneakers by Veja, an anti-sweatshop Paris-based line that operates under fair-trade practices.
READER REVIEWS (2)
I love that the name translates to “House of Organic.” They have a lot of gorgeous pieces, but my favorite items are the crocheted jewelry by Jodi Busby.
The stock here is heavy on the crochet- jewelry, dresses, scarves- but my favorite is they carry designers threeasfour, which I’ve been a huge fan of since they were just AsFour.
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before