Kate’s Joint58 Avenue B, New York, New York 10009
Kate’s Joint website >
HOURS: Sun-Thu: 10am-11pm
NEIGHBORHOOD: East Village, Alphabet City
CATEGORIES: american, vegetarian, vegan
Kate’s Joint is simple no frills spot where health conscious students and vegetarians can satisfy comfort food cravings with mock-meat meals such as meatloaf, hot dogs, pizza and pasta. Signature entrees include Fake Steak Au Poivre with crispy tofu topped with portobello mushrooms, au, poivre sauce, served with choice of potato & veg-o-day, Southern Fried Un-Chicken Cutlets and the Wingless Buffalo Burger with crispy tofu cutlets in a wing sauce on a whole wheat bun with special sauce, lettuce & tomato. Kate’s is East Village all the way, reminiscent of a late night diner/bar but the food is on point!
READER REVIEWS (2)
No frills, remember that, no frills and you’ll have a great time here. This is some serious vegan junk food with a not so serious price tag. I had a sloppy joe here that was super delicious! They definitely know how to cook up their tofu just right.
If you are out late in the East Village, which you probably are if you are in the East Village, Kate’s is just an awesome place for vegetarian late night snack that won’t make you reget it in the morning.
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
READ MORE >
Urban farming has been gaining popularity these days in NYC, but a Brooklyn-based company is taking the verdant practice to new heights--literally. Hidden away on a Johnson Avenue warehouse rooftop between Bushwick and East Williamsburg, Edenworks's custom-designed aquaponic growing system (a.k.a. Farmlab) is able to grow lush greens in a compact, 800-square-foot space. In stark contrast to the concrete jungle found outside, the indoor roof space is filled with a lush garden installed atop a tiered structure that features tanks full of tilapia fish.
READ MORE >
Spectra's plan to expand natural gas pipeline near nuclear power plant could threaten 20 million people
READ MORE >
As much as we love writing about treehouses in rural areas, the fact that there's such a dearth of them in the big city is a bit disappointing. That's why we were so delighted to come upon this Fort Greene townhouse that fulfills our urban treehouse desires with an oasis-like backyard and roomy wooden perch amidst the leaves.
- READ MORE >