Metro Minis821 Park Avenue (between 75th St & 76th St) , New York, NY 10021
Metro Minis website >
HOURS: Monday 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday 11 a.m. -7 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday 12-5 p.m.
NEIGHBORHOOD: Upper East Side, Manhattan
CATEGORIES: childcare accessories, kids clothing
Self proclaimed “premier resource for hip natural parenting,” Metro Minis’ well informed staff sets it apart from other baby stores. Offering classes for new parents, many employees are certified and licensed Babywearing Educators. The specialize in organic baby carriers and slings, and carry all sorts of green products, from cloth diapers to eco-friendly lunch containers. They even have a Charlie’s Soap refill station, just bring in your empty containers to save money and the planet!
READER REVIEWS (2)
Who knew one could be so knowledgeable about baby carriers? Went her to pick-up a last minute shower gift, and was pleasantly surprised to find a really nice saleswoman who was willing to help and make fabulous/affordable suggestions.
I have to agree, this place is so surprising! I was in there just a few weeks ago and they had just received a bunch of new stuff. I was looking for a gift for a friend who just gave birth. The woman who was helping was very knowledgeable about the products, where they came from, how they were made ect. Turns out she was an owner, it was a really nice touch. She really seemed to care about helping me find the perfect gift. I got a USA made toy, that was really hip, and a cute doll made in Germany. She suggested several items that were within my price range and fit my ‘restrictions’ of organic and eco-friendly.
I asked for more of their info and gave it to my girlfriend too. She has since been there and was raving about the class she attended and the staff. I was so surprised to find a store like this in the city. I will be back to buy more gifts for friends and a carrier and diapers for myself!
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >
READ MORE >
Urban farming has been gaining popularity these days in NYC, but a Brooklyn-based company is taking the verdant practice to new heights--literally. Hidden away on a Johnson Avenue warehouse rooftop between Bushwick and East Williamsburg, Edenworks's custom-designed aquaponic growing system (a.k.a. Farmlab) is able to grow lush greens in a compact, 800-square-foot space. In stark contrast to the concrete jungle found outside, the indoor roof space is filled with a lush garden installed atop a tiered structure that features tanks full of tilapia fish.
READ MORE >
Spectra's plan to expand natural gas pipeline near nuclear power plant could threaten 20 million people