Olde Good Things5 East 16th Street, New York, NY
Olde Good Things website >
HOURS: Daily 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
NEIGHBORHOOD: Flatiron, Manhattan
CATEGORIES: antiques, furniture, homewares, salvaged materials
Olde Good Things is part antique store, part salvage. They have everything from vases and doorknobs to bathtubs and door frames. They also have a new wood division that can supply you with beautiful siding and old wood floor planks. With locations all across the country, they are versed in acquiring beautiful pieces. Their prices might be a little higher than other salvage places, but you’re sure to find something wonderful.
READER REVIEWS (2)
I’ve never been to the actual store, but I always browse their stand at the Brooklyn Flea. They have a lot of really awesome pieces, like an old standing globe and funky modern bookshelves, but they lose points for the prices. You can find similar items for less at other vintage/salvage stores in the city.
The no show Goat!
In October last year I bought a garden sculpture at Olde Good Things, Bowery New York. A tin goat that I liked a lot. I paid them USD 400, which covered both the goat and the shipping. They had lots of experience in shipping internationally, they told me. But no goat came to Norway, and nothing happened when I called or emailed them. Only when I started posting messages about the missing goat on their Facebook page and in readers comments-fields on their web site, I heard from them. I January I was told that the shipping costs would be USD 800! So be careful if you shop there, and want your purchase shipped anywhere. You might end up goatless, like me.
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
READ MORE >
Canal Street Market: New shopping destination featuring local NYC brands opens right in time for the holidays
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >
12/9/2016 - Creating Ecological Plant Communities: Digging Deep into Plant Knowledge with the Masters