Teany90 Rivington St., New York, NY 10002
Teany website >
HOURS: Weekdays: 10am to 12am
NEIGHBORHOOD: Lower East Side
CATEGORIES: vegetarian, vegan
Tucked away in a small space on Rivington Street in the Lower East Side, Teany is a warm, cozy cafe co-owned by Moby. Teany serves fresh vegetarian and vegan fare and offers 98 different types of tea that you can enjoy in house or purchase for home. Standout dishes include the vegan chicken salad sandwich, cheese and onion filled pasties, and the Teany bagel sandwich, vegetarian Canadian bacon, melted cheese, and grilled tomato on a whole wheat bagel. They also have an afternoon tea special, delicious specialty tea drinks, and super tasty vegan sweets.
READER REVIEWS (6)
Teany is a great spot for vegetarian and vegan sandwiches. I love the vegan chicken salad sandwich. Come for lunch on a weekday and you’re likely to run into some of the Inhabitat team!
Oh my, the tempeh bacon BLT is amazing. Perfect place to warm up for the afternoon and have a snack. Also, try the oatmeal raisin cookies! SO GOOD!
Teany’s is my favorite local lunch spot. Amazing edamame hummus and the teany-chinco, talking about it is making me crave one right now!
I never ate here but the tea is delish. And I love using their agave instead of sugar.
Yum. The “turkey” club is a must.
Everything from Teany is insanely good. The teany-chino is amazing, and the grilled farmhouse cheddar toasts with pesto are so so delicious.
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
READ MORE >
15,000-sq-ft rooftop park boasts sweeping city views and ice cream served out of a 1974 Airstream trailer
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >