Toxic samples from the Gowanus Canal taken by the EPA will be on exhibit at Proteus Gowanus, a local gallery dedicated to collecting artifacts of the neighborhood.
Broadway Stages is a film and television facility in Greenpoint and also home to New York City’s largest privately owned 420kW solar roof.
Earlier this week, city officials broke ground on a brownfield site in Williamsburg, initiating a clean-up and redevelopment of Triangle Court, a vacant lot just east of the BQE.
Eric Liftin, founder of NYC based architectural firm MESH, designed 2,200 sq ft atrium home in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Refurbished school desks from the 1950s purchased by Heather online serve as the principal element of the design. The trapezoidal solid wood tabletops are arranged side-by-side to form the bartop, while frames and legs were transformed by craftsman David Jesse
Michielli + Wyetzner Architects has combined elegant contemporary design with emergency response practicality in the design of a new EMS station in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
Despite Mayor Bloomberg’s promise of a streetcar pilot during his most recent campaign, it won’t be happening in Brooklyn — at least not any time soon. The Department of Transportation (DOT) has decided not to support the pilot after concluding a five-month
After two years of negotiations, the Bloomberg administration has announced that cruise ships at the Brooklyn Cruise Ship Terminal will now shut down their engines and plug into a giant electrical outlet.
With the motto of “never landfill a re-usable item,” the Film Biz Prop Shop is much more than a thrift store.
It’s spring cleaning time! Collect your old, unwanted gadgets and recycled them the eco-friendly way to keep electronics out of the waste stream. Stop by this E-waste Recycling event at P.S. 29 in Brooklyn on April 30. Check out the list of acceptable so
Join the Neighborhood Housing Services of East Flatbush for the 2nd Annual Eco-Fair to create greener Brooklyn neighborhoods. NHS is committed to learning with our Brooklyn neighbors how we all can be better eco-citizens by sharing information about environment-friendly
NYC Department of Sanitation is hiring a biologist from the United States Department of Agriculture, in an effort to track “wildlife hazards” of Canadian geese in NYC.
Supporters of PPW controversial bike lane turn out by the hundreds on Sunday, April 10.
NYC’s Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) will be holding its 3rd Rain Barrel Giveaway. Initiated in 2008, DEP began giving away rain barrels to one and two-family homes as a part of their stormwater management efforts. DEP originally gave away 250
Come celebrate the planet we call home at the Brooklyn’s Children Museum, the first LEED certified cultural institution in New York City. Learn about the amazing plants, animals and people that live here. Participate in activities to keep yourself and the
Biking in the New York City should be filed under extreme sporting, but NYC’s Department of Transportation (DOT) is attempting to curb the dangers of biking by upping the number of bike lanes and connecting already existing lanes throughout the city. The battle
Activists gathered outside of the Prospect Park Gala yesterday in protest of last year’s slaughter of hundreds of geese by federal agents.
The debate over the Prospect Park West bike lane has erupted into a full-blown legal battle that will be decided in court.
It’s rare that an affordable housing project is recognized for its amenities or high quality of design, but The Schermerhorn House in Brooklyn has managed to do both.
Green eatery Ecopolis Cafe will get New York’s first pop up cafe this spring.
Brooklyn Bridge Park is now home to New York’s first solar-powered electric vehicle charging station.
Inhabitat readers can enjoy a members’ discount to tomorrow night’s panel discussion “The Invention of Brownstone Brooklyn” at the Museum of the City of New York.
Downtown Brooklyn’s City Point development will soon be home to Dekalb Market, a flea market housed in shipping containers.
Two Brooklyn Business Improvement Districts bring 26 Big Belly solar-powered trash cans to the borough.
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
follow inhabitat on:
< previous next >
su m t w th f sa 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30