Gallery: Two of Pale Male’s Red Tail Hawk Babies Are Sick After Eating ...

There are few New Yorkers who haven't heard about Pale Male, the city's most famous fine-feathered friend, so many were outraged to hear that two of his babies have fallen ill after ingesting rat poisoning this weekend. The little red tail hawks were found in Central Park by animal rescue volunteer Cathy Horvath, and quickly given blood tests that revealed the presence of the chemical. Horvath has since taken the lil' guys under her wing, treating them with doses of vitamin K to strengthen their immune systems and bring them back to good health.

Read the rest of this entry »


or your inhabitat account below