According to the Container Recycling Institute, only about 14% of all disposable water bottles are recycled. Those that make it to the recycling center become ‘down-cycled’ into a lower form of plastic and seldom become remade into other plastic bottles. As for the other 86%… Americans add 30 million PET water bottles to landfills everyday! Not only are plastic bottles wasteful, but recent studies have shown that Lexan plastic bottles (polycarbonate #7) leach harmful chemicals into the drinking fluids we ingest from them!

SIGG aluminum bottles, on the other hand, are 100% recyclable, and 100% inert, and make ideal bottles for both children and adults.

With 144 bottle designs and 22 interchangeable lids, you may be inclined to start a collection of trendy SIGG bottles. These smart, kid-friendly drink holders are designed to last well beyond the childhood years, with some still being used 10-20 years after their original purchase. SIGG dates back to 1908, so it’s no wonder all that experience landed the highly evolved SIGG bottle design in a 1993 NY MoMA Exhibit. But trendy style aside, these quality containers have attracted health conscious people of all ages as the recent press on petroleum based plastic (PET) bottles brings serious environmental questions to the mainstream. Would you want your tots drinking out of anything else?

sigg_waste_1, sigg bottles, eco-friendly water bottle, sustainable water bottle, aluminum water bottle, travel container, eco travel, eco kids, green kids containers

The SIGG proprietary internal coating is taste and scent neutral, and is baked into the inner walls, preventing it from chipping or flaking off. SIGG bottles also exceed FDA requirements, ensuring 0.0% leaching into their liquid continents.

In a recent study by Alliance Technologies third party testing, five types of water bottles were submitted to determine bisphenol-A (BPA) leaching into the water contained in each. The findings of these studies showed a significant amount of BPA leached out of Lexan polycarbonate (PC#7) bottles, generic aluminum, and low density polyethylene bike bottles. In contrast, SIGG bottles under the same testings showed no BPA leaching.

So drink up in style and rejoice that an idea from nearly 100 years ago still holds true to it’s original design…