It’s no surprise that we love our sustainable style here at Inhabitat, and 2008 has been a particularly exciting year with bold new directions in green fashion and eco-textile innovation. From pollution sensitive dresses to ‘grow-your-own’ Icelandic moss jewelry, the frontier of eco fashion is continually digging deep to put a new spin on material resourcefulness and recycle-chic. ‘Be eco chic’ and ‘green is the new black’ may have been over-used mantras of 2008, but we all know now that sustainable style can be synonymous with sexy, must-have fashion that looks and feels totally fab. Read on for some of the best eco-collections and sustainable styles from 2008.
10. Bahar Shahpar Eco-chic Classic Couture
9. Izzy Lane Ethical Knitwear’s: This year’s recipient of the RE: Designer of the Year Award
8. WRecords by Monkey: Recycled Record Jewelry
7. NAU’s Re-launches with Stunning Fall Collection
6. Loyale’s Safari Style Fall Collection
5. Project Earth Day: Sustainable Style Gets Sexy With Eco Lingerie
4. Grow Your Own Icelandic Moss Rings
3. John Patrick ORGANIC’s Spring 2009 “American Gothic” Collection
2. Pollution Sensitive EPA Dress senses toxins in the air!
1. Project Runway Goes Green with Leanimal