Date & TimeSTART: 9:15 AM November 9, 2013
END: 5:30 PM November 9, 2013
Manufacture New York is holding their first annual Sustainable Textile Summit focused on Textile Lifecycle Management best practices, strategies and solutions, on November 9th, 2013.
Textiles literally hold together the fashion supply chain, and from seed to sew sustainability can step in to reduce waste and toxic exposure. New York City residents throw out 200,000 tons of textiles EVERY YEAR, making up 8% of NYC’s waste stream! And nationally, 11 million tons are trashed each year. But we can do something about it!
Come and learn from a panel of experts at this one-of-a-kind event which will feature industry practitioners, policy makers and thought leaders to discuss the state of the textile industry, innovations in eco- and low impact textile production, as well as shed light on what is being done with pre- and post-consumer textile waste. The speaking portion of the event will be held at the offices of Loeb & Loeb on 345 Park Ave., Manhattan.
· Rhett Godfrey, Sustainability Director of Loomstate
· Sass Brown, Author and Acting Assistant Dean for the School of Art and Design at FIT
· Cheryl Campbell, Head of Eileen’s foundation and Green Eileen Clothing Recycling Initiative
· Ross Gibson, of Patagonia
· Jessica Schreiber, Program Manager of re-fashioNYC
· Leonardo Bonanni, Founder and CEO of Sourcemap
· Francisca Pineda, Founder + Designer of BHAVA Shoe
· Nadiyah Bradshaw-Spencer, Head of Sourcing and Production at SUNO
· Leanne Mai-ly Hilgart, Founder of Vaute Couture
· Holly Henderson, Founder and Designer of Simply Natural Clothing
· Laura Sansone, Founder of Textile Lab and Housewear
and many more…
The second portion of the summit will consist of a making and networking opportunity at MNY’s Garment Center Pilot Program, located at 23 W.36th st, NYC 10018.
· Tabitha St. Bernard, Founder + Designer of Tabii Just
· Cynthia Alberto, Founder of Weaving Hand
· Zaida Adriana Goveo Balmaseda, Founder of BALMASEDA
· The Textile Arts Center
· Jenelle Montilone, Founder of TrashN2Tees
and many more…
Tickets include lunch and light refreshments throughout the day.
For tickets go to: textilesummit.splashthat.com
For more information email [email protected]