Sandals season has finally arrived and it's time to unlace your shoes and give your toes a breather. After foraging through the most fashionable footwear available for summer, these seven pairs made the cut in style and sustainability. Above, versatile slip-ons ($47-$52) by Sseko (pronounced "say-ko"), a not-for-profit enterprise that helps young Ugandan women earn, learn, and grow during the nine-month gap between secondary school and university.
From wooden wedges to recycled flats, vegan T-straps to sustainable leather slides, these seven finds are as fashion-forward as they are fantastic for your feet. For more sustainable sandals, revisit our 2010 summer buying guide.
1. Red Sandal by Sseko
2. Braid Flat Rope Sandal by Cri de Coeur (V)
3. Bandha T-Strap Sandal by Patagonia
4. Panama Sandal by Olsenhaus (V)
5. Strappy Ankle-Strap Sandal by Swedish Hasbeens
6. Lucretia Sandal by Terra Plana (V)
7. Cherry Square Sandal by Mohop (V)
* (V) denotes vegan-friendly options.