Opera’s new headquarters are located in two prestigious townhouses in the heart of Wroclaw. The buildings-one built in the 19th century and the other dating back to 1913-are part of the city’s rich architectural heritage. The architects combined this historic narrative with the atmosphere of modern-day Wroclaw to create a design that references several city landmarks, but feels contemporary.
The construction of Market Hall, Central Railway Station hall and Szczytnicki’s Park are referenced in the kitchenette, while the design of the meeting rooms is associated with IT and computers. The latter space features an integrated circuit, fans and decor made out of nearly 1,000 old floppy disks and over 200 keyboards.
Photos by Marcin Ratajczak, Maciej Dąbrowski