If you're looking for a small on space, yet big on design bed for your child, Monte has got you covered with their new Dorma Twin Bed. This bed is functional, stylish, sustainable and fits in perfectly with other great Monte designs, such as their Cubino Chair and Loveseat. Keep reading to learn more about this fabulous little bed.
Fresh Clean Design for Childhood and Beyond
The Dorma Twin Bed is a simple, yet utterly sophisticated bed that brings clean lines and distinct style to your young child’s bedroom, yet also works perfectly well in an older child’s or teen’s bedroom. The bed fits a standard twin mattress and there’s zero box spring needed. At under $1,000 (an excellent price for green furniture) this long-lasting bed is not only affordable, but the only one you’ll ever need to buy, thus saving you scads of money and time.
Sturdy, Safe and Sustainable
Dorma Twin Bed is handmade in Canada and features sturdy construction from the ground up along with a fully upholstered frame. The bed is made with wood certified by the Forest Stewardship Council, and like other Monte products, foam that’s free from both C.F.C. and PBDE. Plus, Monte products meet or exceed all Canadian and American safety standards.
Great for Small Spaces
This bed is appropriately sized (overall length: 85”) for kids of all ages and teens, yet small enough to place in even the tiniest of bedrooms. If you’ve got two kids sharing a space this bed (x2) works great.
Easy to Clean
Monte’s pieces are very easy to keep clean. Most stains on the upholstery can simply be spot-cleaned with green cleaners like mild soap and water, while the wood flats can be dusted with a soft dry cloth.
Easy to Assemble
You don’t need any special tools to put this bed together and assembly is both quick and easy enough for any adult to handle. All Monte furniture also comes with a one year warranty on manufacturing defects.
A Sustainable Company
Monte is committed to greening childhood spaces. As part of ongoing efforts to limit Monte’s impact on our environment, the company has the following practices in place:
- Their foam is manufactured from natural seed-based oils such as soybean, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels.
- All foam used is both C.F.C. and PBDE-free and meets all CAL 117 requirements.
- All wood used at Monte meets LEED Rating System requirements for wood adhesives (no urea formaldehyde added).
- Glue used in frame construction is water-based and biodegradable.
- All wood used is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- Monte buys through suppliers who replant an average of 3-4 trees for each one harvested.
- Furniture fabrics are manufactured according to Oeko-Tex® Standard 100.
- All shipping boxes are made from over 95% recycled materials.