Sprig Toys founders Chris Clemmer and David Bowen are at it again with a freshly launched line of green toys sure to please a whole new generation of eco-minded kids and parents. BeginAgain was in the baby stages this summer (2011) but now their new workshop is open for business and you won't believe the wonderful surprises in store.
A New Green Collaboration
BeginAgain kicked off their company with the acquisition of a favorite green company, ImagiPLAY, a 14-year-old Boulder, Colo., company known for pioneering the eco-toy category. BeginAgain is keeping ImagiPLAY locally based in Colorado and is also planning on continuing to build on this clever brand’s past successes, including creating imaginative toys with safe sustainable materials and integrity.
BeginAgain Kicks Off
According to BeginAgain, this new company, “Is a creative mix of old timey storytelling and responsibly crafted invention.” Their mission is, “To tell stories through toys, to teach through play, and to invent in partner with the planet.” The BeginAgain workshop also believes that all toys should provide play value without compromising planet value.
4 Simple Rules for Quality Green Toys
BeginAgain is keeping their toy rules simple, including:
- Kids are the true noisemakers – toys shouldn’t need batteries or electronics.
- Share your ideas, then build with others – thus collaborating, sharing and building partnerships.
- Don’t leave a mess – Get oil of of children’s toys, use plant based materials whenever possible and always reduce, recycle and seek improvement.
- Great products have greater purpose – BeginAgain gives 1% to the community.
BeginAgain Sustainable Non-toxic Materials
BeginAgain is working hard to take the oil out of toys and to celebrate more sustainable materials. Some of the materials BeginAgain is using and investigating using include:
- Natural rubber
- Natural cotton fabrics
- Sustainably harvested woods
- 100% recycled plastic
- Wheat starch based plastic
Toys for Every Child’s Wishlist
The BeginAgain workshop has based their new collection of toys on ideas inspired by the world of Benjamin Barlowe. Barlowe had theories that children engage in 5 distinct styles of play and BeginAgain toys are created with these ideals in mind. The BeginAgain wishlist of well balanced play includes the following toy categories:
- A – is for the artist. Creative arts, music toys and more.
- W – is for the writer. Role play and character play sets.
- I – is for the inventor. Learning games, exploration kits, construction and science fun.
- S – is for the sportster. Outdoor toys, sporting games, ride-ons and more.
- H – is for the hero. Heros, adventures, action figures and wheels fun.
- B – is for the beginner. Toys that help with fine motor skills like grabbing, stacking and pushing.
A Bright Green Future
As you can see throughout this post, BeginAgain has created some wonderful and creative toys for little ones that capitalize on imagination and fun. However, there are more new toys to see at the BeginAgain workshop. Also, keep your eyes open, because in the near future, BeginAgain will be launching even more new toy surprises!